International interest in Olofsfors ”pink ribbon” auction2019-05-03
Olofsfors Pink Track raised a great interest in the exhibition in Estonia where the Track has been shown. MFO OÜ, the winner of the latest auction wanted to create an international interest and commitment to support research against cancer. With the goal of donating the whole sum again, to cancer research in Estonia, MFO OÜ has during the fair sold the Track further.
- We think this is a fantastic initiative by Olofsfors and a unique opportunity for us to do something for cancer research also in Estonia, says Indrek Reisenbuk, CEO for MFO OÜ.
- We will sell the Track further and donate the money to some type of cancer research, says Reisenbuk during the fair’s first day.
The track that was auctioned out is an Olofsfors CoverX.
- It’s a track that fits Estonian conditions excellently and meets the need for loading capacity with low ground pressure, says Daniel Domeij, Sales- and Marketing Director, forestry products at Olofsfors who was on lacation during the whole exhibition.
Maamess is the largest forest exhibition in Estonia with 45 000 to 50 000 visitors in three days.
- The interest in this Pink Track in Estonia is above all expectations says Domeij. TV3 and local TV have been visiting the fair, made reports and many have taken pictures, continues Domeij.
Olofsfors, the world leading manufacturer of Tracks for Forest Machines, has since 2010 auctioned out one pair of this pink track in favor of breast cancer research. Close to SEK 800 000 has been donated since the start.
- The fact that we have raised this sucess also abroad, got more people to be involved in this important purpose, feels absolutely great, says Domeij.
Before the Maamess fair was over, MFO OÜ had sold the Track to the contractor Olav Arus at Valma Saeveski OÜ. The customer who has three harvesters and eight forwarders is active both in Estonia and Sweden. He bought the Track for personal reasons.
- It is important for me personally to support cancer research. My mother passed away from cancer three years ago, says Olav Arus.
The Track was sold for 9 000 Euros and MFO OÜ will donate this money to the foundation ”The gift of life”, which supports cancer patients primarily financially. To help people purchase modern medications or treatment procedures essential to them.
The foundation began since the founder himself has struggeled against cancer, and his willness to give struggeling people hope and a chance to live longer or even fully recover.
Read more about Olofsfors pink ribbon auction: https://www.olofsfors.com/news/press-release-olofsfors-donates-record-amount-to-cancer-research
Read more about ”The gift of life”: https://kingitudelu.ee/en
Olofsfors AB has 146 employees and engages in sales and manufacturing in two business areas: Tracks and chains for wheeled forest machines and wear bars for construction machinery. Customers are found in almost every continent. Olofsfors’ head office and productions are based out of the community of Nordmaling. The company is Nordmalings municipality’s largest private employer with a turnover of more than 400 MSEK. Olofsfors core values are: Knowledge, Quality and Sustainability.